Although we are in the middle of a hot, humid summer and it’s practically the beginning of July, now is the time to stay ahead of the curve for Fall 2013 makeup trends. This fall promises the return to glamour and sexiness with retro cat eyes, sizzling red lips (glossy or matte), and deep, sultry wine and aubergine lips. Makeup divas around the globe can take solace in knowing that their bold lips and eyes won’t go unnoticed.
Here are a few tips for picking out the right red for your pretty, little kisser.
- For fair-skinned women, red lipsticks which are blue based such as the ones with mauve or berry undertones will suit best.
- For women with medium skin tone, red lipsticks which are brown-based would look great.
- The best shade of red lipstick for those with an olive skin tone is fiery red with either yellow or orange undertones.
- For dark-skinned women, all shades of bright red would do.
Getting the PURRR-FECT Cat Eye!
- Look at yourself straight on in the mirror. Where your eyebrows end should be the direction your liner goes. So if you kept drawing, your liner and eye brow would connect. But let’s not do that. Now tilt your chin upwards and look back down at the mirror with your eyes. This really does make the angle easier to see. Take your felt tip liner, which is my favorite to use to achieve this look , and start at the outside corner of your eye. Draw a “flick” up toward the end of your eyebrow. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Repeat on the other eye.
- This is the time to make sure your “wings” are symmetrical with one another. Take your friend, the Q-tip, and perfect your line. Take out any harsh marks and erase them away
- Once you have the angle of your wing, draw on your eyeliner like you normally would and connect it to your “flick.” Here you can control how thick or thin you want your line!
Undoubtedly, the summer is here with a vengeance (note my frizzy hair) but in the world of beauty- one can never be too prepared for what’s next on the menu. These tips and tricks will ensure that even the novice makeup-wearer will be gorgeous when the leaves turn.